Tips for healing kidney discomfort and dis-ease
There are a number of different types of kidney discomforts or dis-eases that exist.
Often, kidney ailments are simply short term problems like infections or kidney stones which can be healed with some basic protocols which I'll share with you here. But more serious conditions like chronic renal failure will take some rigorous forms of cleansing and/or fasting to turn around.
It's important to realise that your kidney health can be altered by dehydration, trauma, processed sugars and artificial sweeteners and excessive medications.
Your kidneys are your body's primary blood filters.
When the kidneys are overloaded with toxins, they become overwhelmed and their function begins to break down.
Generally, you'll know you have kidney problems when you experience any or all of the following symptoms regularly:
- Chills and fever;
- Urinary urgency;
- Fluid retention (constant bloating);
- Abdominal pain;
- Nausea and vomiting.
I recommend doing a kidney flush (see below) which will rid your body of thousands of accumulated toxins in your blood stream and digestive tract which are putting stress on your bladder and kidneys.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon, 1 lime & a pinch of cayenne pepper to 250-500 mls of chilled clean water (add organic maple syrup if needed to taste);
- Drink this mix first thing in the morning, at noon and again at night for 7 consecutive days;
- Only eat fruit and/or fresh fruit juices (containing plenty of celery, parsley and carrots) during this period;
- Drink 250-500mls of water every hour throughout the 7 days;
- Consume a tablespoon of organic, cold-pressed flaxseed or wheat germ oil each day, preferably in the morning.
Once your 7 day "kidney flush" is complete, avoid all meat, fried and processed foods that can place additional stress on the kidneys.
Instead, eat a diet rich in the following:
- Raw fruit juices, fruits and vegetables;
- Kidney beans (which share the signature pattern of the human kidneys) and legumes;
- Organic whole grains (including wholegrain breads, pastas and cereals);
- Organic extra-virgin and cold-pressed oils like olive, macadamia and coconut;
- Lots of good nature made salt e.g. celtic salt or himalayan
- Load up on garlic, parsley, watercress, asparagus, potatoes, celery, cucumber, papaya, bananas and watermelon.
If you suffer from Kidney stones, you can generally eliminate them at home yourself by doing this kidney stone "purge":
Kidney Stone Purge